Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Losing your nails to Chémo



Did you know that chemotherapy can make your black fingernails and fall?As if a diagnosis of breast cancer is not bad enough, my oncologist gave me this cruel tidbit on the morning of my second chemotherapy. he also warned me not to cut my cuticles and the hangnails and not floss my teeth until after I was finished with the chemotherapy.In addition, he suggested that I avoid manicures, pedicures and nails using artificial all together.

Because our immune system is compromised and more usual during processing, defend us times the cancer and chemotherapy, nick, or cut in particular on our fingers and in our mouth, could cause a serious infections requiring antibiotics or hospitalization.Furthermore, "Lilly", which is to combat The Young ovarian cancer & The Restless, has given the same warning warning "doctor" nail. Yes, I watch The Young & The Restless.Here! I have said, and I feel better now.

Front of chemotherapy, my nails tend to separate, and I was subject to hangnails.La thought of their empire of treatment and not be able to do something he became a concern. enormous Somehow, I had the idea to purchase the cuticle crème.Quels tricks magic.Every day after my second chemotherapy, I sank cuticle cream in my nails and the cuticles and all days, my visibly improved ragged hangnails and my nails obtained stronger.

For each doctor's subsequent visit my oncologist would inspect my nails and say, "maybe next time," which means that between now and my next chemotherapy, my nails could give birth to Swamp Thing and begin to fall off.And each subsequent appointment, he has been surprised my nails, better regarded and more.

I sometimes asked if the night with the repaired cream not only my cuticles and nails, but an increase in blood flow to my bed of nail, massage and keeping falling them off.There are several cuticle cream on the marché.Si you go through the chemotherapy, choose the one with the fragrance less so it reduces your chance of becoming nauseated by cream .Cuticule smell is one of the best things that I discovered in the course of chemotherapy and is some thing that continue to use and my nails look great.

Return to that Young & The Restless thing...Since I am generally a few weeks behind, please, is not someone tell me how Sharon learns the terrible truth about Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment