Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cancer: Renaissance life and hope


© Brenda Coffee. All rights reserved.

Spring rains have blessed us with an abundance of wildflowers this year.They are everywhere, scattered along roads and hills and nestled between nopales - cactus fig pear.Le Indian paint, Texas bluebonnets, Mexican hat and onager are signs of the Renaissance and renewal. these earthbound bouquets remember me the spring my chemotherapy came to an end.

Every day for a month, I had myself driving 45 minutes where Eduardo and Miguel were hard at work needed, restore the former dormitory of ranch hand affectionately call us the small house. carpets spring open nature my way, that gives me energy, flower by beautiful flower, freeing me from a tired of cancer and chemotherapy. organizationSeconds after the highway, melted traffic, replaced by axis and whitetail deer, Texas Longhorns and the daily progress on new home track down neighbor.

Our road make sure and towers skyward, cuts through the layers time warped by billion years of invisible forces. James and are blessed to be temporary stewards of this beautiful Earth once frequented by Comanche, dotted with care stops and home to more than a century of laborious breeders.

This spring, every day when I got to the farm, Eduardo and Miguel would remove all evidence of the ranch hand that had occupied our 484-square foot house families scraping and sanding.I wondered how many people lived in this small space? is a happy home, Sun inondées and a gentle breeze.I think that the babies were designed and here; born pies baked women and blocked laundry, while their men cleared of cedar and raised from the bovins.Leur life was simple but good .j ' have asked that we be as lucky.The promise of life we here have mended my. soul it gave me hope that I was cancer-free with years of linger, laugh and make thanks to another jurisdiction.

For the moment, we have made this small house 100 years our homepage. It is the foundation of our soul and fills our spirit.Nous.Notre home comfort limestone fireplace and pine floors is shaded by Oaks Post that flickering shadows on the old Tin Roof: a patina of rust and yellow, confused with patches of money and gris.La night we listen to the elk ranch a neighbor on Clarion and take comfort in this calm; respite revel us in new directions in our lives have taken.

Once more, God had us blessed with another jurisdiction of Renaissance and hope that everyone here is solid footing on your journey through cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment