Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I Cry For Women, whom I never met


© Brenda Coffee. All rights reserved.

This year I'm attending many Komen races and walks in the country, and I find little matter where they are located, the obligation of four girls and a breast cancer is so palpable that you can almost touch it.The same touch that began with our discovery of a bump in our painter seins.La that has changed our lives and the lives of our families forever.

When a Komen event, you can see the implied obligation of shared experience in their faces;
women to meet, rejoicing in a United force spirit and survival. is a sea of pink shirts and hats and a watering hair tightly cropped; club feared you join; the sisters you never wanted.This is a club that does not discriminate against age, race or sexe.Oui, men get the breast, too, but for the most part, the breast is a sisterhood.

Last weekend I did an interview with television station KTVT CBS 11 in Dallas and their sister, KTXA 21 to Fort Worth.The interview went well until the journalist asked "why did you start the BreastCancerSisterhood.com?".This is a matter of logic, and I answered before, only t his time when I opened my mouth to speak, nothing came out. Instead of this, I became exceeded with emotion. I began to cry.As I looked in the camera, I knew that the answer to the question because the "why" became the major objective of my life.

Camera kept rolling, person not said a Word, including moi.Je wanted to shout, "just the thought of all other women hear the words, 'you have breast cancer', and through the same fears and experiences life I lived is heartbreaking. I want to give answers to the questions, they are not even ask."As I attended it, I tried hard to compose myself, but the words stuck in the Palm of my throat .j ' have been overcome with love and compassion for each woman and their families, which the race for the cure is not only a date in the calendar, but a life line: hope and the promise of a treatment healing.

Komen is more that a race for the cure. is a celebration of life; once four girls and a breast cancer unit and joyful in the fact that we are always here; we have survived and endured this deep and sometimes experience intolerable.While we will still be members of the four girls and a breast cancer, our thoughts go pass constant fear and worry about when, and if our returns the breast to gradually leave the comfort of normal life become our driving force.While the "What ifs" can never leave us, our lives are in the here and now and we are a composite of our life experiences.

Oprah Winfrey said, "" I am where I am due to bridge I've crossed.""Perhaps should have be my answer to the journalist from the television.I've crossed a bridge that I never wanted to cross .j ' have done the thing that I fear the most, and I hope that this experience, as well as with the grace of God, is to me one more compatissant with something to give her sisters: the gift of the survival. This is why I started the BreastCancerSisterhood.com.afin to give them the gift of survival

As the breast cancer survivors, we change the world.We are finding ways to help our sisters and in the process, making it their bridge a easier to franchir.Plus, important we raise the money necessary to find a cure for our sisters and daughters, and sisters, we will never know, can be saved the passage of this bridge. trip I pray for the day, when I do not cry for women I have ever put.

No comments:

Post a Comment